Friday 23 March 2012

The Arena Flash Challenge 2012

This is all over social media but maybe you missed it.

A story told in 500 words or less.
Unpublished
Open to anyone between the ages of 18 and 125.

Quirky, daring, challenging and provocative writing encouraged.

I can do quirky, in fact I find it hard to do not quirky. The others are less my thing...

Deadline: April 30th.
Winners announced: May 15th

Winner crowned Arena Flash Champion 2012

Is there a real crown? Or just a tiara? Any money or just fame?

4 runners up broadcast during Arena Flash Fiction week

Judge Dave Lordan.
Entries headed ARENA FLASH CHALLENGE to arena@rte.ie

Update: The winner receives a week at Annaghmakerrig, the artists' retreat in Co Monaghan.

3 comments:

Titus said...

Good job you're here for we who don't social media!

Emerging Writer said...

I'm always here for you darling!

Brigid O'Connor said...

A crown? I'm in!! Like yourself, the 'quirky' appeals:)