Thursday 20 August 2009

Knit A Poem


I've never been a knitter. My teacher sent me home with my terrible attempt and asked my mother to show me. She sent it back saying it was better than anything she could produce. Now sewing is another matter.

But the Poetry Society in the UK are celebrating their centenary by knitting a poem, letter by letter. See here. Great idea.

Over 700 knitters around the world are now knitting (and crocheting) the individual letters of an as-yet secret poem. Once the squares have been sewn together the assembled work could span some 40-feet. The final knitted poem will be revealed in all its glory in October 2009.

There is still time to register to be involved with knitting or crocheting the blank squares that will form the spaces between words and the edging of the poem.

No comments: