Thursday 27 September 2007

Another rejection - poetry this time


After the joy of Cavan Window Publications acceptance, I've just had a rejection from Jan at Envoi magazine. I would really like to break into the UK poetry scene. I feel a lot of my poetry is more English than Irish in outlook. I've only had three poems published outside Ireland
Newfoundland anthology with Irish writers
coffeehouse (Wales - editor the aforementioned Jan)
Abridged - Derry (NI)

On the plus side, my blog is featured on the Poetry Ireland website and weekly newsletter - how cool is that! I wonder how it will affect my viewer stats?

And Do The Write Thing is number 19 in this weeks mass market fiction bestseller list. (That's up from last week!)

2 comments:

VW said...

Rejections are really hard, but congratulations on your other good news. Do you primarily write poetry?

Thanks for visiting my blog - new visitors are always great to meet.

Emerging Writer said...

Hi Anna,

I write poetry and fiction mainly. I find different thoughts and things I want to say fit into different types of writing. I have also tried radio plays, often adapted from my short stories, and a couple of short stage plays.